Gamers are a fastidious bunch. From exacting standards on the graphics, to their performance and feedback from their actions in game, there’s nothing that escapes the attention of the modern gamer.
Everything must be perfect for them to immerse themselves in their virtual world with minimal distraction. You would assume that something as simple as a mouse pad wouldn’t be worth investing time and money into, but you would be wrong.
So, Are Gaming Mouse Pads worth It? No, it’s not.
What is a Gaming Mouse Pad?
A gaming mouse pad is a specially designed piece of cloth that is used as a foundation for your mouse. It helps improve the accuracy of your mouse movements by providing it with a larger surface area to move over.
The best gaming mouse pads will be made from a special cloth designed to reduce friction and allow the mouse to glide over it easily. They’re usually made from synthetic fabrics and sometimes come with rubberized edges to prevent them from shifting around on your desk.
There are also extra-large mouse pads that can be used as a surface for a keyboard, as well as an area for your mouse. The main goal of a mouse pad is to give your hand a larger surface area to rest on, allowing you to move your mouse freely across the surface of the mouse pad.
Benefits of a Gaming Mouse Pad
– Accuracy – The larger surface area provided by most gaming mouse pads will allow you to move your mouse in a straight line, making it much easier to move your cursor precisely and make accurate selections.
– Comfort – The best gaming mouse pads are usually made from soft and squishy synthetic fabrics, meaning your mouse will glide across them effortlessly and your hand will be comfortable whilst resting on the pad.
– Reduced Friction – This is the main reason you would want a mouse pad in the first place. Instead of having your hand and the hard surface of your desk rubbing together every time you move your mouse, you’ll be gliding your mouse across a soft and smooth surface.
– Cleaner Workspace – If you’re using a hard surface, you’ll have to put up with your mouse leaving scuff marks and scratches on the desk. This is especially true if you have a really old mouse that’s lost its grip.
– Stability – If you use a soft surface, you don’t need to worry about your mouse pad shifting around or sliding when you move your mouse across it.
Why are mouse pads worth the money?
Computer mice are designed for general use, and as such are not optimized for gaming. In fact, many gaming mice designed specifically for gaming come with a high price tag and a specialized design which makes them incompatible with generic mouse pads.
A high-quality gaming mouse pad is designed to work with many different gaming mice, while at the same time optimizing tracking performance and reducing friction.
A good mouse pad will have a smooth surface designed to reduce friction, allowing the mouse’s sensors to track more smoothly.
This is particularly important with low-DPI gaming mice, which can track extremely slowly. A smooth surface will also reduce hand sweating – another important factor to consider when choosing a gaming mouse pad.
Related Article: Are Wireless Mouse Better for Gaming?
Why Are Quality Mouse Pads Worth the Money?
There are a number of reasons why high-quality gaming mouse pads are worth the money. First, premium mouse pads are designed to last for years – often withstanding years of heavy use without wearing out. Low-quality pads, on the other hand, may start to wear out within a few months – rendering them completely useless.
Another reason why quality gaming mouse pads are worth the money is the way they bring out the best in the sensor inside your gaming mouse. In some cases, an optimized surface can make a huge difference in gaming performance – particularly when playing at low DPI settings.
Third, premium mouse pads are designed to provide a consistent experience. This is particularly important when playing first-person shooters, where accuracy is key to success. If your mouse pad isn’t consistent, it could throw off your aim, leading to frustrating gameplay.
The Best Gaming Mouse Pads for the Money: Our Reviews
The following mouse pads are some of the best for the money. They’re designed for a wide variety of gaming mouse types and are built to last for years.
- Avid Gamer XL Mouse Pad – This gorgeous large-sized mouse pad measures 16.5 x 10.5 inches. It’s designed with a non-slip rubber base and a smooth fabric surface that’s optimized for gaming sensors.
- SteelSeries QCK MXX Pad – This is a premium-quality mouse pad designed to stand up to heavy use. The durable surface is designed to reduce friction and provide a smooth tracking surface for gaming sensors.
- Corsair MM800 RGB Mouse Pad – This is one of the most popular gaming mouse pads available. It’s large, stylish, and well-built – designed to provide a smooth tracking surface and stand up to heavy use.
The Best Gaming Mouse Pads in 2019
– SteelSeries QcK – The SteelSeries QcK is a simple yet effective gaming mouse pad that’s designed for low-sensitivity gamers. It’s made from a specially designed cloth fabric to reduce friction and allow your mouse to glide smoothly across the surface.
– Razer Goliath – The Razer Goliath is made from a hard, yet smooth, surface that allows your mouse to glide effortlessly across it, while also giving support to your wrist so you can play for longer without feeling any discomfort.
– Corsair MM800 RGB – The Corsair MM800 RGB is a highly versatile gaming mouse pad that can be used for a variety of different games. Its surface can be changed for different styles, allowing you to get the best performance no matter what game you’re playing.
What to look for when buying a gaming mouse pad
– Size – You’ll want to make sure the gaming mouse pad you’re buying is big enough for both your mouse and keyboard, as the last thing you want is it to be too small for either of them.
The first and most important thing you’ll want to look at is the size of your gaming mouse pad. You’ll want to make sure it’s big enough for both your mouse and your keyboard, as the last thing you want is for something to be too small for either of them.
– Materials – You can choose between a variety of different materials for your mouse pad, each of which come with their own pros and cons. What you choose should be based on your personal preferences and needs, so you can get the best performance out of your mouse pad.
The material you choose will be dependent on your personal preferences and needs. Some gaming mouse pads come with rubberized edges to prevent them from slipping around on your desk, while others are made from smooth cloth that allows your mouse to glide effortlessly across the surface.
– Features – There are a few extra features you might want to look out for when buying a gaming mouse pad. For example, some come with special designs, while others have built-in RGB lighting. Some even allow you to change their surface texture to suit the type of game you’re playing, making the mouse pad more multi-functional.
– Price – As with all purchases, the price you pay will be determined by the quality of the product you’re getting. A good gaming mouse pad won’t come cheap, but it’s a small price to pay for better performance in your favorite games.
Are gaming mouse pads worth it?
Yes, absolutely. You might not realize it just how much of an impact a gaming mouse pad can have on your performance until you start using one.
What’s the difference between a gaming mouse pad and a mouse pad for other uses?
Most gaming mouse pads are designed to reduce friction between your mouse and the surface it’s moving across, making it easier to move your cursor around the screen.
Why would you want to use a gaming mouse pad?
Aside from making it easier to move your mouse around the screen, a good gaming mouse pad will also help you improve your performance by providing your mouse with more space to move around.
What is G-Pads mouse pad?
This G-Pads mouse pad is made with a rubber base that provides ample friction
What is Xpad mouse pad?
This Xpad mouse pad is made with a special silicon rubber base that provides ample friction.
A high-quality gaming mouse pad is an essential accessory for any serious gamer. It can make a huge difference in gaming performance by reducing friction, providing a consistent surface, and optimizing your mouse’s sensors.
These mouse pads are worth the money and are designed to last for years. If you enjoy gaming, it’s definitely worth investing in a high-quality gaming mouse pad.
For many, computer mice are a necessary evil. They offer a quick and convenient way to navigate the web and other computer applications, but most of them are nothing special.
However, if you’re a gamer, you have a different situation altogether. There are a multitude of different gaming mice on the market, each promising better performance than the last.